Written by Maggie
Jan 19 2021
There are two propagation methods of Garden tulip, which are sowing propagation and bulb propagation. Sowing propagation is usually carried out in the autumn, the seeds are buried in loose, fertile soil, and then properly watered, waiting for the roots. Bullet propagation is mostly carried out in June. After the plants are removed from the pot, the separated bulb is buried in the soil. If the pot is large, more than one bulb can be buried, and attention should be paid to cold protection.
1. Pilling and preservation: Garden Tulip is a bulbous plant, the aboveground part will gradually wither after flowering, then the bulbs need to be taken out to dry and stored in a low temperature environment.
2. Autumn Sowing: Sowing propagation method of Garden tulip is usually in autumn, usually in September or October. Too early or too late is not conducive to the growth of plants and affects their rooting.
3. Prepare the soil: in order to make the ball can better grow, you need to prepare loose and fertile soil. The general use of garden soil, leaf rot soil on the line, you can add the right amount of sand, increase its drainage.
4. Planting: dig a hole on the surface of the soil, bury the planting ball in it, according to its size to determine the depth of burial, small buried 15 centimeters, large can be buried 20 centimeters.
1. Billing time: Garden tulip balling propagation is usually carried out in June, when the plants have blossomed, the aboveground part is gradually withered, and the bulbs enter dormant state, which is suitable for separating side bulbs.
2. Pilling separation: take out the seed balls of Garden tulip from the soil, and separate the small balls on both sides of it. Be careful when dividing the balls, so as not to hurt the cue ball or the child ball, otherwise its development will be affected.
3. Potted seeds: bury the separated pellets in the soil. If the pot is large enough, you can bury more than one, but keep a certain distance. After embedding to pour water, do a good job of cold protection.