Written by Maggie
Jan 12 2021
Arabian Jasmine can be propagated by cutting, layering, and sowing. In fact, Arabian Jasmine is very easy to cut potted plants. Since it is simple to cut, you should move as soon as possible to increase the number of your own Arabian Jasmine. Now, let's see these three propagation methods of Arabian Jasmine.
Cutting propagation method of Arabian Jasmine time is best applied in the growth period (from May to October), to the best season of plum rain, in addition to reminding everyone, the best choice of cuttings in the evening, after cuttings, night can dew, conducive to growth!
1. Cuttings best choose new branches (old branch survival rate is low), the incision should be close to the section, the next incision is about 1 cm in the section, the incision is about 1 cm in the section, the incision should be cut into a beveled surface, to prevent water decay, page halved, reduce energy consumption!
2. The best is to use slightly acidic sandy soil. As long as it is soft and breathable and has good drainage performance, it can be used as the cutting substrate of Arabian Jasmine.
3. It is best to make several cuttings at a time and place them in the bright place where they are ventilated outdoors but not exposed to direct sunlight, that is, where there is scattered light from the sun. Keep a centimeter or two of water in the bottom tray during this period. As Arabian Jasmine has not yet taken root, do not apply fertilizer at this time, and do not be exposed to direct sun.
4. Seeing the pot covered with white fibrous roots, proof that this cutting is completely alive, can be transplanted to the pot soil maintenance at this time.
5. It can be said that Arabian jasmine is very easy to cut into viable flowers. According to our method, the cutting rooting rate of Arabian Jasmine can reach more than 90% if the substrate is kept moist within 30 or 40 days at the appropriate temperature.
Layering time is generally chosen in May or June. The Layered propagation method of Arabian Jasmine is very simple, and it is not troublesome to operate. Choose a robust plant, choose a strong growing branch from above, and then press it into the soil, cover it with soil, often spray water to keep moist, about 40 days can take root.
Before sowing propagation of Arabian Jasmine, it is necessary to select good seeds. Before sowing, it is necessary to promote germination. The preparation of the appropriate soil, and then the seeds will be evenly planted, waiting for the germination of time to water, maintain good soil moisture, will soon be able to germinate.