Written by Maggie
Dec 28 2020
There is a kind of plant, the whole body is treasure, the root and seeds have extremely high medical value, leaves and fruit pods are rich in a variety of minerals, vitamins and so on; Several scientific studies have shown that Drumstick tree is one of the hottest high-nutrient multi-purpose plants in the world.
Drumstick Tree is a tree of 3-12 m high; Drumstick tree has soft woody bark; The branchlets had obvious lenticels and leaf scars and the branchlets had pubescent; The roots have a spicy taste. Leaves are usually 3-pinnately compound, 25-60 cm long, with linear or classically slightly curved glands at base of pinnules; Glandular majority exfoliate, petiole is weak, base is sheathed, pinnate 4-6 pairs; Drumstick Tree has 3-9 lobules, thin papery, ovate, elliptic or oblong, 1-2 cm long and 0.5-1.2 cm wide, usually 1 large apical, pale back, glabrous; The veins are not obvious; The petiole is slender, 1-2 mm long, glandular linear at base, hairy. The inflorescence is widely spreading, 10-30 cm long; Bracts are small, linear; Flowers are sessile, white, fragrant, ca. 2 cm in diam., sepals linear-lanceolate, pubescent; Petals are spatulate; Stamens and staminodes are hairy at base; The ovary is hairy. The capsule is slender, 20-50 cm long, 1-3 cm in diameter, pendulous, 3-lobed, each with 3 ribbed lobes; Seeds are subglobose, ca. 8 mm in diameter, 3-ribbed, each with membranous wings. The flowering period is the whole year and the fruiting period is from June to December.
Drumstick Treewas cultivated in Guangdong (Guangzhou, Danxian county), Taiwan and other places in our country, and were often planted near the villages and gardens. Drumstick Tree also has a wild, produced cliff county oxtail big hug bar, born in mixed forest. Originally from India, it is now widely cultivated in tropical regions.
1. According to foreign traditional medical records, Drumstick Tree has the functions of lowering blood sugar, improving sleep, clearing intestines and promoting metabolism. After the Drumstick Tree Flower is steamed, mix it with cold. Add appropriate amounts of sugar to treat cold. Flower juice can also relieve throat inflammation, but pregnant women should not.
2. Drumstick Tree seed oil can be processed into high-grade cooking oil and high-grade lubricating oil, and daily cosmetics with higher added value can also be developed. Drumstick Tree series products will have a broad prospect in China. In Taiwan, Drumstick Tree bread made from fresh Drumstick Tree leaves, rye flour, skimmed milk, calcium-skim milk and other low-fat foods has come into the market, and a series of cleaner-face products including Drumstick Tree oil have also appeared in the cosmetics market.
3. Drumstick Tree oil is a mild yellowish, non-drying oil with a typically nutty flavour. Drumstick Tree seeds contain about 40% oil by mass fraction. It can be produced by pressing or subcritical low temperature extraction. The oleic acid content can be between 62% and 78%, and the total unsaturated fatty acid content is much higher than 80%. Among them, the content of Shanshu acid, 22 carbonic acid that has an impact on the naming of Drumstick Tree oil, is also relatively high, about 4%-8%. Since Drumstick Tree oil has a similar fatty acid composition to olive oil, in particular, it has a similar oleic acid content.
4. Because Drumstick Tree oil is rich in oil, Drumstick Tree seed has some good performance in detoxification and accelerating metabolism. Generally speaking, Drumstick Tree seed has significant curative effect in reducing blood fat and blood pressure, reducing weight, regulating intestines and stomach, protecting liver and tempering alcohol, and enhancing human immunity.There is no evidence that Drumstick Tree seeds can improve male fertility, as some marketers claim.
5. Drumstick Tree seed has many features in sterilization, slimming, fat lowering, blood pressure lowering, gastrointestinal function regulation, liver protection, uv resistance, skin moisturizing, hair nutrition, moisturizing and many other aspects.