Written by Maggie
Sep 11 2021
In our life, we can see the existence of White Water-Lily in many places, among which White White Water-Lily is the outstanding one. So, how do you grow White Water-Lily? What are the propagation methods for White White Water-Lily?
1. Soil: White Water-Lily has no strict requirements on soil quality, with a pH value of 6 ~ 8, and can grow normally, but prefers loam rich in organic matter, and the depth of pool Water should not exceed 80cm in the growing season.
2. Water content: White water-Lily is planted in summer and irrigated to a depth of about 25cm, which is often maintained at this depth. The high temperature season should pay attention to keep the basin water clean, when the basin water is dirty, and should be timely sewage into new water.
3. Sunshine: White-water-Lily likes sunshine and good ventilation, so the tropical and cold-tolerant white-water-Lily flowers will close in the evening and open again in the morning. Ponds, shaded by trees on the shore, bloom but grow weakly.
4. Temperature: Before and after the Cold Dew Festival, the Water in the White Water-Lily basin was poured out and placed in a cold chamber at about 3℃ for wintering, so as to keep the soil moist and not freeze.
5. Fertilization: During the growing period of White Water-Lily, attention should be paid to avoid applying liquid fertilizer, which will not only pollute Water body, but also cause fertilizer damage. A small amount of dry cake fertilizer can be directly buried into soil.
6. Insect pests: The leaves of White Water-Lily are vulnerable to the invasion of leaf-eating pests such as burglary moth, resulting in leaf damage and reduced photosynthesis, which is bound to affect the flowering, and should be timely controlled.
7. Pruning: White water-Lily can maintain the beauty of the plant after flowering.
Propagation can be divided into plants or seeding. In late March, the roots are usually dug up, cut into small sections 10-15 cm long, and then planted. Sowing method in March to April basin sowing, the temperature maintained 25-30 degrees, about half a month can sprout. When the seedlings have 3-4 true leaves, then plant in the pot.
White Water-lily plants should be planted and replaced once a year in the spring. When changing the basin, choose the flowerpot with the inside diameter of 30 centimeters above, such plant ability is full extent, growth development is normal. Make the leaves and flowers large. Basin soil with pond soil or garden soil, the bottom of the basin first put a little hoof pieces or bone fragments as basal fertilizer.
After planting the roots, cover them with a layer of river sand, soil and other topsoil, and pour enough water into them. After budding, dip the pot into the water, with the water slightly higher than the soil surface, and place them in a place with good ventilation and sufficient sunshine for maintenance, so as to keep the water clean. With the temperature, the leaves spread, and should be gradually added water. During White Water-Lily summer growth, water should be slightly deeper, more than 20 cm water depth, but not submerged leaf surface. Change water early in the morning.
In the hot season, pay attention to keep the basin water clean and cut dead leaves, petioles and peduncles off in time after flowering to prevent nutrient consumption and keep the plant beautiful. But when the White Water-Lily flowers have withered and sunk in the water, they must not be cut off, so that they will have completed the stage of fruiting. In the growing period, if the leaves are not flourishing, the leaf is small and thin, and can bury a few cake fertilizer or urea beside rhizomes.
White water-Lily belongs to the positive plant, which requires sufficient sunshine during the growth period. If it is placed in the shade for maintenance, moss will easily grow on the Water surface, and the plant will grow weak and only grow leaves but not blossom. White Water-Lily potted plants generally bloom for one year. After the leaves wither and wither, take the roots out of the mud and hide them in greenhouses or sandy soil with Water. You can also pour out the water before and after the Cold dew Festival and cut away the dead branches and rotten leaves.
Summer management is mainly about mastering the depth of water smoothly, keeping the water clean and changing the water at the right time. Change water appropriately in the early morning, in case the old and new pool water temperature difference is too big, affecting the normal growth of flowers, leaves. At the same time, the combination of washing pool, rotten leaves and residual petals, but do not take out the receptacle, in order to firm.