Written by Maggie
Mar 26 2021
Dicranopteris Linearis (common name False staghorn fern, uluhe, and dilim) belongs to fern weed, suitable for growth in the pH value of 4.5-5.0 or so on the acid soil, suitable for planting this kind of plant soil is generally increased by slaked lime soil improvement. It is commonly distributed in the open roadside, hilly slope or under pine forest of low to medium altitude mountains in Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan, southeastern Yunnan, Taiwan, southern Fujian, southern India, Sri Lanka, Indo-China Peninsula and Malaysia.
Dicranopteris Linearis is 3-5 m high and spread.
Rhizome of Dicranopteris Linearis is transverse, ca. 3 mm thick, dark brown, rusted hairy.
Stalks ca. of Dicranopteris Linearis is 60 cm long, ca. 6 mm thick, dark brown, base covered with brown hairs when young, then smooth; Axis is 5-8 bifurcated, primary axis 13-16 cm long, ca. 3.4 mm thick, pinnacles shorter than secondary axis, final axis 3.5-6 cm long, ca. 1 mm thick, 1 longitudinal groove on upper mask; Back to their axillary bud ovoid, densely rusty hair, bracts ovate, margin triangular lobes, rachis first bifurcation no lateral leaf pinnae, on both sides of the rest of the back crotch has a pair of leaf pinnae, inclined down, bottom of 12 to 18 cm long, 3.2 4 cm wide, upper part of Dicranopteris Linearis is smaller, only 3 cm long, back at the end of the wide lanceolate or lanceolate; The final pinnae resemble stipule pinnae, 5.5-15 cm long, 2.5-4 cm wide, labyrinth shaped and deeply divided up to a few pinnae; Lobes are spreading, 15-40 pairs, lanceolate or linear-lanceolate, usually 10-19 mm long, 2-3 mm wide, apex obtuse, slightly concave, basally few pairs of upper side extremely small, triangular, 4-6 mm long, entire, midrib convex below, lateral veins rather conspicuous above, less conspicuous below, oblique in each group, 3 veins. Leaves are hard paper, above green, below gray white, glabrous.
The sporangium of Dicranopteris Linearis is round, small, in a row, arising from the arches of the upper lateral veins of the base, and consists of 5-7 sporangium.
Dicranopteris Linearis is suitable for growing on acidic soil with pH value of 4.5-5.0. The soil suitable for planting this plant is generally improved with slaked lime. It is commonly found in the humid areas south of the Yangtze River in China, in the open roadside of low to middle altitude mountains or under pine forests. The whole grass has the effect of clearing heat, diuresis, removing blood stasis and stopping bleeding. Leaf axes can be woven vegetable baskets and other daily necessities. The Dicranopteris Linearis has the effect of soil and water conservation and soil improvement, and it is also a plant that can quickly recover after fire.
Dicranopteris Linearis is produced in tropical China: S Guangdong (Gao 'an, Dinghushan), Hainan Island, SE Yunnan (Hekou). They grow in sparse forests, or in inaccessible clusters, and set fire to the ground where the fire broke out. Dicranopteris Linearis is widely distributed in the South Pacific Islands, Ceylon, Thailand, Vietnam and southern India.
1. Ornamental value: the Dicranopteris Linearis has ornamental use.
2. Material for weaving handicrafts: its leafstalk can be used to weave various baskets or other elaborate handicrafts.
3. Dicranopteris Linearis is a good helper for soil and water conservation and soil improvement, root and stem creeping horizontal walk in the surface of the soil, fast growth. It has the effect of soil and water conservation and can be quickly recovered after fire.
4. Dicranopteris Linearis used for the cultivation of ganoderma lucidum excellent herbaceous plants, the experiment shows that the extraction rate of polysaccharide peptide from the effective ingredient of the Dicranopteris Linearis is the highest is 3 times of duanmu ganoderma lucidum, and its pharmacological action and duanmu ganoderma lucidum has similar functions.
5. Natural dyes. Dicranopteris Linearis can extract pigments for natural dyes.
6. Growing in large quantities on the slopes of acidic red soil, Dicranopteris Linearis is an indicator plant of acidic soil. This plant is of great significance for the investigation of ecological conditions.